I’m heading out on my first “official” business trip next week. I’m traveling to Las Vegas, Nevada for a week-long underwriting conference. Growing up, my dad went on business trips frequently, so he was the first one that came to mind when I thought about strategies for packing for a business trip.
I figured that packing for a work trip, would be different than packing for a beach vacation. You know, high heels, button ups, and blazers, compared to bikinis, tank tops, and sun dresses, however, come to find out a lot of the techniques are the same, only the clothes (or lack thereof ;-)) differ.
(I love Dilbert. Read more here)
My Dad’s tips include:
- Check your bag. For two reasons:
- Using a larger suitcase will help minimize wrinkles; he reminded me that if I try to stuff all of my clothes in a small carry-on, clothes will be more wrinkled
- The other reason to check a bag is so you don’t have to worry about the TSA liquid requirement. If you have a carry-on, all liquids (shampoo, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, hairspray, makeup, etc), will have to be 3.4 ounces or less
- Hang up blazers and button ups the moment you arrive at the hotel
- He reminded me that there are irons in the hotel room for any last minute touch ups
- When in a bind, hanging clothes in the bathroom while showering will help reduce wrinkles because of the steam
Thanks for your help, Dad. 🙂 Do any of my readers travel frequently for work? Do you have any additional tips for me? Because this girl needs all the help she can get!p.s. The highs next week are in the 90s. I’ll be packing a swimsuit alongside those blazers so I can get in some much needed pool time while I’m there. 😉